At MoneyGram I worked on designing a new web-based money transfer system for use by agents globally. There were some unique UI requirements to support because of the global nature as well as because of its complex functions:
- Screens will be clean and devoid of unnecessary elements and will be consistent in design and features.
- Use clear labeling and instructions to lead users through the workflow. Keep instructions and labeling simple and to a minimum.
- An average user will be able to complete even the most complicated transaction within two minutes.
- Features it will include:
- Sending Money
- Estimating transaction fees
- Receiving Money
- Paying Bills
- Sending funds to inmates
- Loading pre-paid cards
- Printing Money Orders
- Viewing transaction status
- Managing customer profiles
- Managing employee profiles
- Managing device profiles
- Agent transactional reporting
- Agent compliance reporting
- Users will be able to navigate and complete all transactions through use of the keyboard only. Using a mouse is optional.
- Hot keys will be available to improve efficiency.
- Will support 26 languages.
Speed & Responsiveness
- After the initial page load each subsequent page load time will be equal to or better than the page load times achieved in the existing system, even in low bandwidth (2G) environments.
- The system will be available 24×7 and built using a responsive design so that the pages can adapt to various form factors such as a PC or tablet.
- All transaction flows will be easily understood by the user without significant application level training regardless of nationality or education level.